I thought of a few things "blog-worthy"...I forgot to mention in my "dental" post that Amelia "won" a makeup kit as her prize at the dentist. Nothing harmful, and NOTHING she could wear out in public. It was just a little lip gloss, a teeny pink lipstick...AND, (something I didn't see) a miniture pink glittery nail polish. Let me just disclose that it was "kid-polish" thankfully, so, it's not the goopy runny, mommy kind of polish. It was AWFULLY quiet about 10 minutes after getting home, which our house NEVER is. So, I go upstairs to find Amelia in her room painting Hooper's nails! Her reasoning: "Mommy, Hooper doesn't like having black nails. Hers a girl. Her likes it better cause he's pretty now!" Our poor, poor dog. He's no worse for the wear, and you can't even see the polish. Oh, and the polish has been confiscated. :)Second...has anyone ever had a wisdom tooth "packed?" I STILL have this gauze strip in the hole and it's starting to throb and hurt again, oh, and it's coming out. Should I just suck it up and try to pull it out myself? The status is to go back in on Tuesday at 10 to have it removed...I'm not sure I can last until then!! If any dentist is reading this...PLEASE comment on what to do...or if anyone has experienced this....POST for crying in the night! HELP ME!
We got our tree on Friday. As tradition, we go to Thornton's tree land. We LOVE it there. Free hayrides, hot chocolate, a real life nativity scene (which admitedly is a bit creepy)
AND you get to pick and cut down your very own tree. LOVE IT! The kids had fun. Amelia thought it was funny to run back as far into the trees as she could and hide...not so funny. Elijah just wanted to help daddy...which he did....after daddy helped him relieve himself. Never fails...and...yes, he peed on a tree that DID NOT have a tag...which meant it was not for sale! There will be no peeing on eligible home-bound trees!
AND you get to pick and cut down your very own tree. LOVE IT! The kids had fun. Amelia thought it was funny to run back as far into the trees as she could and hide...not so funny. Elijah just wanted to help daddy...which he did....after daddy helped him relieve himself. Never fails...and...yes, he peed on a tree that DID NOT have a tag...which meant it was not for sale! There will be no peeing on eligible home-bound trees!

True Griswald fashion. Find the perfect tree, look around to see if there's a MORE perfect tree, spend two hours, go back to original first tree (or that which you THINK is the original)...cut it down, and hope if fits in your house and doesn't bust out the windows!


My Tree-Hunters
3 comments:
Yes, I've had a wisdom tooth packed, and yes, it hurts like the dickens. Yes, my gauze fell out too. It tastes terrible! The pain is excruciating and unless you want to be all loopy and drugged, there isn't much you can do about it. I'm so sorry that happened to you. At least you have a beautiful tree that probably smells sooo good! We do the fake tree thing at our house and it just isn't the same.
Becky, I am so so sorry that you are in pain :( It made me sad to read your post about it :( I am praying for you!
LOVE the story about Amelia and the toe nails (her words sound just like Caleb btw, he says "hers" instead of she. Oh and today at the tree farm, Caleb also thought it was great fun to run to the very edge of the lot (which backs up to the woods) and try to hide! Two peas in a pod I tell ya!
The kids look adorable and your tree is beautiful!
You let your son pee in public? Boys are silly. I hope your mouth is starting to feel better. I think you can pull out the gauze if it is falling out. Hope it goes okay.
Post a Comment