Monday, November 17, 2008

Meal Makeover Mom's

ANY mom who is tired of making those last minute trips to the store at 4pm in HASTE to get SOMETHING made for dinner...MUST check out Meal Makeover Mom's. Their meals are so simple, yet healthy, and SUPER EASY! Let me tell ya...Walmart has been missing me! I've tried a few so far, and have gotten RAVE reviews from the fam...kiddos too! My favorite part...they are SIMPLE! The ingredients are easy to find in the store. There is nothing worse than getting a new recipe and (for me, not being a gourmet chef) not knowing WHAT the ingredients ARE. I find myself in produce when what I'm looking for is in FROZEN. Or, looking in meats when it's a produce! Anyone with me on that? I've gotten by without the cookbook, a LOT of the recipes are online. But, I did splurge today and buy a used one off Amazon. (BTW, you can buy chorganizers on there too...cheaper than at christianbook.com) I'm so glad I found this website. Thanks to ERIN!! She had posted the seven day meal planner on her blog. YES, a seven day meal planner. Here's the thing: print the seven day meal planner, along with the grocery shopping list from their website. Put it in a plastic page protector. RE-USE it each week by just using an erasable pen or dry erase marker. It's genius. Cuts your planning in half. Everyone knows what to expect for lunch/dinner for the week...your shopping is DONE and it eliminates those last minute trips to the store. Oh, and did I mention how EASY these meals are!? Now, not to "bash" any other mom-cooking-let's-get-our-kids-to-eat-veggies cookbook out there, BUT, I've done deceptively delicious. My kids pretty much hated every single thing I made, and let's be honest...who has time to puree? I think it's good in theory, but it really just did NOT work for me. My kids tend to eat most of their veggies anyways. These meals have all been packed with VEG and super
yum-o. Just thought I'd share!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have had great success as well and for me I love their videos on the website so you can follow along every step of the way and it takes no time at all! Love it! Glad you do too!