Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Year of the Rooster & MONTH OF THE DENTIST

This has been the MONTH for dental treatment! My goodness...and one of my least favorite people in the world...the dentist! :( So, I went back yesterday for some follow up with the oral surgeon. I was in EXCRUIATING pain. I pretty much had a panic attack when he tried to touch my non-tooth (ie. the sight of the extraction)....so, he decided to NUMB me....which, meant shots...which lead to more panic attacks. I was sobbing hysterically. I know, I am a baby. But, if you understood the pain, and my history with dentists, you'd understand. So, after THREE shots, LOTS of tears, some VERY tense muscles, ten white knuckles, a panoramic x-ray, (and a partridge in a pear tree)...he FILLED my gapping hole with some disgusting tasting fabric that is STILL in my mouth. It tastes awful, and feels super weird. BUT, my pain is nearly gone. It's still uncomfortable and I'm still medicated, but at least I can eat and talk now. MMMmmm, food tastes good. Now maybe I can enjoy some Thanksgiving TURKEY!! My status is to leave the fabric in, go on as normal as possible, and come in NEXT Tuesday to have it removed. I tell you...I have been to the dentist more in the last three weeks than in the last 3 years! EEK! I've filled my quota! :)
It just so happens that the kids had their dental cleanings scheduled today too! AND, they did AMAZING. I am so proud of them. They are little troopers. They did so great, no tears, they had FUN! They actually counted down how many more "sleeps" they had until todays' appointment. (They obviously, and thankfully don't share my fear!) The best part...CAVITY FREE! Such a blessing. Dentistry for Children is Amazing! They have the greatest staff, and the best play area. The entire waiting area is like Disneyland. I went early just so the kids could get some extra play time. And...get this...Micah took AT LEAST FIVE STEPS there! He was so in awe of all the "toys" that he didn't even realize he was walking!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Becky! I am so glad you are getting some relief!!! (Um.....I am pretty scared now. Maybe I will wait.) I am so glad your kiddos did great! They looks so cute in their little sunglasses. My kids pretty much liked the dentist too! Such a blessing. And walking! Gooooo Micah!!! Anyway- ENJOY YOUR TURKEY girl! You deserve it! Oh, yeah, and I am thankful for you!!!

Erica said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better. Yuck, the clove soaked fabric in the mouth...brings back painful memories!!! Glad you got back in though!!! Your kids are adorable as usual! Go Micah!!! Have a great turkey day!!!

Priscila said...

Becky! I'm so relieved to hear you're doing better!!! Yuck, I hate the dentist too. I've actually told my dentist that I'd rather be in labor than sitting in his office. :)
Wow, they let you take pictures of your kids getting their cleaning done?!? That's cool!
Go Micah, GO! What a neat memory you'll have, now you won't be able to say that going to the dr. is all that bad, after all, Micah learned to walk there! Ha!
Love ya, girl!