I'm alive. I survived. Praise God! So, I had my "surgery" and am now home recovering. I had THE BEST oral surgeon EVER. He was hilariously funny, he answered my MILLION questions (like, will I pee my pants if I'm put to sleep, cause, I'm not wearing a diaper?) with patience and grace, he put me at ease, he put me to sleep ;) That's right, I was knocked out. Best decision ever. My insurance actually covered it. I LOVE Starbucks insurance! He was amazing at putting a terrified patient at ease and not making me feel like my fears were ridiculous. (his nurse on the otherhand was/is a different story!) She had the bedside manners of a bull frog!
The kids had a field day in the "toy tower" picking out trinkets from their tokens that the receptionist gave them! Bless her heart too!
Funny story: when Tony picked me up, we went to Walmart to pick up my perscriptions. I literally felt like I'd had about 6 glasses of wine. I could barely walk and my mind was not complete, to say the LEAST! Tony insisted I stay in the car and wait...I insisted I go in to "pick out the right jello flavor!" Guess who won that battle!! ;) (Yes, I have control issues....admitting it is the first step!)
So, he set me up on one of those wheelie things that you can drive around the store. I'm sure I looked hilarious. I don't remember a lot, but I remember trying to run him over....just to make sure he was paying attention. I picked out my pudding and jello (yes, how exciting, an all liquid/soft diet until SATURDAY. Sure glad I have my Advocare Meal Replacement Shakes) We then went back to the pharmacy to pick up my drugs. Now, I don't remember many details of that trip, but I DO remember them saying not to "drive or operate heavy machinery" while on the drugs...Elijah must've heard her. Because, next thing I know, Elijah jumps in my lap on my wheelie and says "mom, I'd better drive, she says you can't!" Too funny. So, my five year old wheels/drives me around Walmart...he's so sweet. My little caretaker! Elijah also made sure that the strawberry ice cream went in MY basket...cause it's "momma's medicine to make her feel better!" Too cute.
Tony dropped me at home, and then took the kids for Carl's Jr....his excuse was "so I could sleep!" Right! They smelled like YUMMY burgers & fries and poor mama couldn't have any...oh, maybe blended! :) They like when mommy's "sick"...they got trinkets and fast food! HA!
So, now I'm home, on drugs...dizzy and light headed. I think it's all the blood I've swallowed, and not much else. I don't like how the drugs make me feel. I love that they take the pain away, but, I just feel tipsy and dizzy. Yuck. Plus, I work tonight! HA! This should be interesting!!
Thanks for all your prayers and love!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad it went well Becky! I'm also really glad that you got knocked out. When I was in high school, I got all mine pulled out and I wasn't put under!! I heard each tooth get pulled!!!!! Literally!! Each root ripping from my gums!!! Again, SO glad you got knocked out!!
Sounds like lots of fun, no not really. My only bit of advice is to AVOID DRINKING OUT OF A STRAW!!! I don't know if they told you that at the doctor, but you could get dry sockets of you do. I didn't listen and I got dry sockets. That was worse than getting the surgery in the first place!! I'm sorry the drugs make you feel yucky, hopefully soon you'll be feeling better and you won't need them anymore.
p.s. remind me to tell you what happened when I went to the store to pick out my liquid diet. It's a funny story.
I'm so glad it went well and your family is taking good care of you!! I'm sorry I didn't know until now because I've not been keeping up on blogs. Can I bring you guys dinner???
DUDE-A-LICIOUS!!!
I am so glad it all went well, but craziness! Are you feeling all better now? How did you handle being at work that night, are you a silly monkey, or what? Miss you, we need to walk, run, Bible Study or something together soon, or I'll go banana's!
I am glad you are dong well, Becky! I know - life is so very random isn't it? I could totally relate. I went in for an ultrasound and was scheduled for "surgery" the very next day and had to be put out, too. I was so shocked! I guess we just never know, but thank God we know the ONE who does! Thank you so much for your thoughtful card. It really meant so much.
Love you!
Angela
Post a Comment