I went back into the dentist today. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the oral surgeon who actually did the extraction, and just saw the dentist. I say "unfortunately" because..and here's the BIG suprise...I have to go BACK tomorrow to see the oral surgeon who "has a better understanding of my case, where I was, compared to where I am now!" I'm so frustrated, I KNEW that was going to happen. The doc I saw didn't seem to think I had "dry socket." But, he does think there may be an infection. So, he perscribed me an antibiotic along with some stronger pain killers. I am just in so much pain. I can tell the SECOND the medication wears off. It is just unbearable. He did say my case was more of an "extreme" case. My wisdom tooth was completely sideways, deep of course, and he did have to shave some of the bone off.....so, is this pain normal with this type of surgery? Perhaps. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow after talking with the oral surgeon. At least until then, I can hopefully manage the pain.
Thanks for all of those praying for me. I really value your prayers right now!!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Becky :(
I am so very very sorry this is happening to you! I have been praying and would love to take your kids tomorrow so you can rest. Please let me know, PLEASE!
Becky!!! My goodness. I am praying for pain relief!!! That is horrible. I have one other friend who had hers out on Thurs and she is still feeling it too but yours sounds severe!!! Any news today? I am soooooo sorry girl! Let me know anyway I can help.
That just sucks. Seriously, why did they want you to come in if they were just going to make you come back the next day? Silly dentist! I'm so glad you got some better pain meds and antibiotics. How are you feeling today? I'm praying for ya!!!
Post a Comment