Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jingle for a CURE!

I got a flyer in the mail about an upcoming run/walk. It's the Jingle Bell 5k Run/Walk on December 7th. Who's with me!? Tony's and I are thinking about running it together.

More than 46 million Americans, including 300,000 children, have arthritis. The disease costs the US economy over $128 billion annually. The Arthritis Foundation needs OUR help.

I love that these races/runs I've been doing are benefiting something BESIDES ourself. And, if I'm being honest...registering for these random runs has kept my butt of the couch. If I know I have an upcoming run, I simply can NOT just sit there and expect to walk up, run, and not completely keel over. To know they are benefiting a greater cause, is just icing on the cake. I love that. I love that I am helping others, as well as helping myself to stay active and healthy.
Is anyone interested in joining us? This is how it all started for me. I started at a 5k last March, and have not looked back since. The sense of accomplishment is like lighting a fire to dry grass. If anyone reading this has ever had a dream to run, run and not grow weary ;)....then, think about doing this with us!!!
Go here for more info: www.arthritis.org

2 comments:

Kelly said...

hmmmmmm...maybe...we'll see...

Themorrisbunch said...

Wow, you're such an inspiration!
I love reading your athletic posts!!!
Go Becky!