I sit here tonight...distraught! Ugh. Is that the right word? So, I went to the dentist this afternoon...to originally get my teeth cleaned. I walked out...without clean teeth...but, instead a referall for an ORAL SURGEON AND two more appointments for TWO deep cleaning appointments AND a cavity fill. Now, here's a little history. I fear the dentist. Everything about it gives me an anxiety attack. The smell, the people, the sight, the touch, the chair, the GLASSES! I was my dentists' WORST patient. Apparently, I'm a bit of a legend and they STILL talk about me. Imagine that!? ME...a legend! UGH! I have to have SURGERY!
I have ONE, that's right ONE wisdom tooth. And....it's growing sideways! I've had this since I was a tween in braces. It was never a problem, it has not hurt...I don't even know it's there. HOWEVER, it seems my teeth have shifted and there is now a gap between this "wise" tooth and my molar. If I don't get it removed by an "oral surgeon" (even the name sounds frightening)...then, I am "in for some trouble" down the road....think, infection, rotting, yuck-o, ouch-o.
I'm scared...and frustrated. We were just starting to get out of our medical debt. We are STILL paying off Elijah's hospital stay when he was 3! My insurance (and I am blessed that we finally DO have this..) but, they are going to cover 80%, the rest is up to us...and some of it we of course have to pay up front. It just adds up. As with any "medical treatment" the cost adds up...who knows how much surgery will run me. UGH! I just want dentures.........
I don't mean to sound like a complete whine...I know there are great problems in the world and I should be grateful I have teeth at all, and insurance. But, I am terrified. Do you think they would just give me dentures...I would bet it's cheaper.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so NOT alone in the dental fearing community.
However, I love my dentist. For he gives me a clever little thing called laughing gas.
It seriously knocks me out.
AND, when he refered me to get my root canal, he prescribed me Valium.
All was good.
And I've had a deep cleaning several times, no biggie.As long as I have some of the gas.
I will pray for you my friend.
Becky,
I did not see this post until this morning but I am back praying! I also just found out that I am going to need to have all of mine out. My dentist told me to wait until I have money and time (haha! Maybe in 20 years!) but that I can't wait too long. I am DREADING this! I am definitely opting for being knocked out!!! I am praying for your quick recovery girl! You will have to fill me in!
Post a Comment