I WILL NOT BE MOVED
I have been the wayward child
I have acted out
I have questioned Sovereignty
And had my share of doubt
And though sometimes my prayers feel like
They're bouncing off the sky
The hand I hold won't let me go
And is the reason why...
I will stumble
I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved
Bitterness has plagued my heart
Many times before
My life has been like broken glass
And I have kept the score Of all my shattered dreams
and though it seemed That I was far too gone
My brokenness helped me to see
It's grace I'm standing on
And the chaos in my life
Has been a badge I've worn
Though I have been torn
Evey lyric is just so fitting in my life right now. How many times as a mom, wife, daughter, friend, child of God...am I "challenged." How often to I put on the "badge of chaos" rather than the Armor of God? Daily I could choose to just walk away from Christ, to reject Him or just 'give up' and walk out. That is my true nature, to just walk away, to give up when the going gets to tough. I am working on that. It is a "daily" choice to not keep score, to not let bitterness plague my heart...even though I will stumble and I will fall, I pray this song constantly reminds me of why I am who I am today, and where I could be without Christ. I pray the hand I hold will never let me go...and will squeeze my hand AND heart even harder when all I want is to turn the other way.
2 comments:
Those are beautiful lyrics that I can also definitely recognize myself in. I have recently realized that when I pray I need to include, "your will be done", just like Jesus did. If our Savior prayed and then made sure to include the fact that it was not his desires that he was pleading for above all else but rather God's perfect plan for his life, than I know I surely need to do the same....
An anology that struck me on a recent sermon I listened said that how most people pray is like this:
God is a giant pin-yata (spelled that phonetically!) and prayer is like this giant stick that we wack at God and we just expect blessings to pour our like candy. But the reality is that is how pagans pray. Ouch. They made up their own gods just to get what they want. Fertility, wealth, health, etc. So if we pray to God just expecting to get our prayers answered the way our limited perspective sees is best, we are in essence praying like pagans. Ouch again. Goodness...I've got a long way to go, but by God's grace I pray he keeps pushing me along.
In the midst of a Beth Moore study, I read the most amazing passage. It's in Exodus 15. It is talking about the Israelites and their journey through the desert. The were grumbling about being thirsty, God let them grumble, finally heard them, for three days they didn't have water. It's like us when we're not getting what WE want!!! Finally they came to Marah where there was water. They were happy but found the water to be BITTER. They could not drink it. More grumbling.....God told Moses to throw a tree into the water and the water became sweet. Everyone was happy again and was able to drink the water.
I had to ask....WHY A TREE??? The answer was right in front of me and I said a loud DUH when I finished reading. Jesus died on the cross (a TREE) for our sins. He took our BITTERNESS and died for it. That water was useless because it was bitter. Just like we are useless when we are full of bitterness (or anything else not in the will of God!), we are 100% useless and noneffective. Once we accept that Christ took care of that on the cross, it's up to US to let it go, pray for forgiveness and allow Christ to come in and heal that part of us.
One other thing I learned. Quick, I promise. The Isrealites, when God was giving them manna every morning, they had to get up, out of their tents, and do the work to collect the manna. There wasn't a basket waiting for them. God's blessing was waiting for them to receive it, accept it, and use it. Just like for us, his blessings are waiting, but we are to do the work to collect them, be thankful for them (even when they are not was we WANTED) and use them to His glory!!!! It's just waiting there for us but we must collect it. AND, he gives us just what we need for the day, nothing more or less than what we'll need. We just have to ask and receive!! Our God is amazing.
Ok, sorry, that wasn't short, but for me, it has been so eye opening and amazing to learn about the love that our amazing God has for little ol' me!!!
Post a Comment