Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday My Beautiful Beautiful Boy!


I can hardly believe that today you are 5! You have grown up so much in this last year, sometimes, it seems like you are older. In some ways, that makes me sad. But, you are quite the helper now. You are getting harder for momma to carry and it's impossible to rock you....my baby. It seems you have been through so much in these five quick years. I will never forget when you were hospitalized just after your third birthday. I came to term for the first time that you are not mine, but God's child. That was a devasting time for me, but we came through it stronger and I didn't think it was possible...but, my love for you grew in leaps and bounds. Our God is a god of miracles, and he wrote you a mighty testimony of his complete power in healing. Can you imagine how many lives you will touch by your testimony. Your abdominal mass was completely DISSOLVED! I love how caring you are. You are always looking out for others'...especially "sissy" and Micah. It blesses my heart to see you look after them and care for them. You constantly make sure they are ok. You have never had a problem sharing, even I can see that sometimes deep down it breaks your heart to have to share your toys with your brother and sister....you still give willingly. You are so sensitive, and I pray that that quality is ALWAYS a part you. It is a GOOD quality! And I pray that you never let anyone tell you otherwise. I have LOVED watching you grow into a little man. You constantly amaze me at how easy-going you are...like your daddy. You treasure relationships and not your possessions, and there are many grown people who STILL have that backwards. Your family, friends, and of course Hooper are ALWAYS at the forefront of your mind...you constantly want to play or be with your friends. I am so proud of you Elijah. I LOVE to hear you sing. You love praising the Lord, and it would not suprise me if one day you are a worship leader. You are my best dance-off buddy. I will ALWAYS cherish our "dance-offs" and hands down, you are the best dance competitor in the house! We sure have fun!

This is one of my all-time favorite songs. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it...because it is my hope for you:

May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam.

And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home.

And may you grow to be proud, dignified and true.

And do unto others as you'd had done to you.

Be courageous and be brave

And it my heart you will remain...forever young

May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong

Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond

And may you never love in vain

And in my heart you will remain...forever young

And when you finally fly away, Ill be hoping that I served you well

For all the wisdom of a lifetime, No one can ever tell

But whatever road you choose...

Im right behind you, win or lose

Forever young


I will be right behind you Elijah, win or lose...no matter what. You are so special to me, and your place in my heart is SOLID and TRUE! You will always be my beautiful beautiful beautiful, beautiful boy....and I pray you remain, forever young!
Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Erin said...

That was beautiful Becky! Happy Birthday Elijah!

Priscila said...

What a sweet mommy for Elijah :)
Happy birthday little guy!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Elijah! Becky, that was so beautiful! He is a sweet boy and you're a wonderful mommy!