Okay, so the kids are away at Grandma's today, and I have LOTS of time to be BLOG HAPPY!
Here are today's TOP 10:
10. Starbucks! Introduced today, the new VIVANNO! One word...YUMMY! It's a smoothie with Orange, mango, banana and it is deliciously LOW CAL, (4 pts on WW) and good for you too! Lots of protein and fiber which makes it SUPER filling. Also, in launch of this new beverage...SBUX has marked ALL cd's and dvd's (except the new John Cougar Mellencamp) for $7.95! So, with a partner discount, they are like $5!!! Juno, Cold Play, Death Cab For Cutie, Alanis, Sheryl, Jakob Dylan....soooo many more!

9. If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down. (If you're a mom, you know what that means) However, this Nelson Family Mantra has given my toilets the RING OF DEATH! So, I have been on the hunt for SOMETHING to remove that dreadful ring. I have found the answer. This little gadet has been a lifesaver. I BARELY scrubbed at all, certainly did not put any elbow grease into it, and Pow-Wham the ring is gone. I was AMAZED. I would've humbly posted a before/after picture for you to see just what I'm talking about....but, honestly, I didn't take a before because I DIDN'T THINK THIS WOULD WORK. I have tried EVERYTHING! Sold at Walmart and Fred Meyer. There is a Kitchen and Bathroom version. I could only find the kitchen one at Walmart, and it worked just fine!

8. Jergen's Natural Glow self tanner. Bought this stuff for some tan boost to my limbs. Unfortunately, my african-american roots do not transfer to my skin, (only my dancing) so, I've been in need of something to boost my darkness! This is great, a little stinky...but overall, a great moisturizer that adds just enough tint for some color. TO BE BANNED: Loreal Sublime Bronze "Gradual Self Tanning Lotion." False key-word being GRADUAL. I put this on last night to try something new, and today I look like I fell into an oil well. I am streaky and ORANGE! UGH! The only perk is that it doesn't stink like most self tanners. Guess you gotta weigh the benefits: stinky and even colored or yummy smelling and orange?

7. Pepsi One! My neighbor introduced me to this. It is delicious. Taste's like the real thing, but it's one calorie and awesome. So what if it's sweetened with splenda!? (The cancer causer)...it's summer...let's live a little!
6. On our "date" last night...we found this for Elijah's B-day. (BONUS: it was on clearance) He is sooooo into Star Wars right now thanks to Star Wars Legos on Wii. EVERYTHING in our house has become a "Life Saver" (Light Saber) From sticks to batons, spatula's, Amelia's arm....he will adore this!
5. Hooper. Despite the fact that this 85 pound dog was on our counter last night eating our UNCOOKED pizza as I stepped away for ONE MINUTE to help Amelia pack her bag....oh, and did I mention we had dinner guests? He's still a pretty cool dog. He has taught the kids responsiblity, compassion, mercy, and love in a new way. It's been awesome. We all love him...Micah crawls over to him and lays on him! It's pretty sweet!

Okay, so this is taking a long time....I need to go outside and get some sun while Micah naps. Numbers 4-1 coming soon.....oh, the anticipation!!!
4 comments:
You know? I just used to use the pumice stone that came in my pedicure kit (something my mom taught me) and then I found they make it on a huge stick specially for toilets. Got mine at Winco last time.
And how does an 85lb dog jump on the kitchen counter??? That is hilarious! Although it probably wasn't since he ate your dinner.
So, kid free? How else are you spending your time?
I use the Jergens tanning stuff too! It does have a weird smell but it works REALLY good! No streaks and it's not orange!
Okay, so I've tried the pumice stone too...but, I had to scrub for a LONG time...and it made my teeth hurt. (Like nails on a chalk board.) This must have something in it, cause it was SUPER easy! But, the pkg says it's all natural, no chemicals. It took so little time.
Spent today shopping and relaxing in the sun with a few magazines. Absence makes the heart grow fonder...I'm starting to miss them! ;) Don't get me wrong...today was nice...and sooo needed to renew my spirit!
I need to go get that lightsaber!!! Caleb is obsessed with Lego Star Wars, we should hook the two of them up on the Wii and let them play it together!
Post a Comment