Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Praise God, No One Was Hurt

Today started out like any other this week. Get up, get ready for VBS. Micah and I dropped Elijah and Amelia off at the church, and went about our day of SHOPPING. Coming back however, things turned out quite differently than expected. We were getting off the 164th exit. (For those of you who are familiar it is a two lane turn onto 164th.) Well, beside me was on of those Isuzu Cargo Trucks...a mini semi, so to speak. I'm taking the turn, when all of a sudden, the guy comes into my lane around the corner. It was either get hit on mine and Micah's side...or jump the curb. I opted for the latter, slammed my horn, and the guy DROVE OFF! I was shaking so bad, the adrenaline certainly hit my veins full throttle. I honestly did not know if he hit me, or if I could even drive. But, seeing him drive off got me seeing BLUE. So, I just started driving, fast, off of the curb and onto 164th! I FINALLY caught up with him, and flagged him down. He was oblivious that ANYTHING happened. He says "I didn't know anything happened, I've been driving since 3am." To which my reply was "maybe you should go home and sleep so you don't kill someone!" He was lost and even admited to reading his directions WHILE he was driving. AND, he had his dog in the truck with him. I was so furious, mostly just from adrenaline and shaking pretty bad. The car was smoking at this point. I called Tony, he came about 20 mins later. The guy was actually really sorry, and pretty nice about the whole thing. Checked my car 360 and even told me what I needed to get "checked out!" I'm so grateful that no one was hurt. It was soooo close. We exchanged info, called the cops (which they neglected to come because there were no injuries and we were not blocking traffic), and I went to the police station to fill out an accident report. So, next step is to get the car checked out. Hopefully it won't be anything!

On a happier note...Tony and I went to my friends wedding this weekend and had a great time. A date night, so to speak...fun times catching up with old friends and just hanging out! Check out the photos...my tan in a can looks pretty legit ay?

5 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so glad you're ok!!! Way to go to catch up with him! You, my friend, are BOLD! I love that about you! You look great too BTW!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you're ok! Scary! You never think those things are going to happen to you! Whew! Thanks, God!

Love your pic's. You look so pretty!
~Angela

Tami said...

I wouldn't have the nerve to do that! You are SO bold!! Glad you both are ok.

When I saw you the other day, I thought you looked really tan. It does look VERY real!! What kind did you end up using?

Erin said...

Your tan looks great! And what a scary situation!!! I am so glad you are not hurt! Wow! I could not have chased him!

Priscila said...

Yes! I'm so glad you're ok. Whatever happened to the smoke coming out of your van??
And you chasing him down reminds me of that time in Long Beach when you confronted that guy at the street corner holding a sign that said something like "Get Jesus or go to Hell". And you went up to the guy to tell him what The Bible says about that and how we as christians should present ourselves and on and on. I was SO proud of you!! It made me think that if I ever have an issue with a store "Customer Service" I'll take you with me, 'cause they'll LISTEN to you!!! :)

And you look so pretty in that dress and the tan is absolutely believable! :)