Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun In The Sun




Today I decided to throw caution to the wind...our schedules went out the window and ALL beds were EMPTY come naptime! WE WENT SWIMMING! I'd been telling the kids I would take them...it has been HOT HOT HOT here in the Couve, and the sprinkler and kiddie pool just weren't cutting it. So, off to swimming we went, with Life Jackets and enough snacks to last a week. We had a blast. The kids did great. Despite being outnumbered 3 to 1...things went great, they made friends, and played and played. Micah LOVES water. He's a water baby and HATES getting out!


We had a great Fourth of July...but, not many pictures to show for it. Our cul de sac did our annual potluck and firework show. Elijah was terrified again this year of the fireworks. Poor little guy. He started watching them outside, the pretty "little" ones, but as soon as they started getting LOUD and close...he got scared. POOR Hooper tried to EAT the fireworks AS THEY WERE EXPLODING. That scared Elijah too, we all were yelling for Hooper, and he was worried that Hooper was going to get hurt. (Honestly, we were too. I've never seen a dog try to EAT fire, or fireworks as they were being shot off. He's insane, what can I say. He had to go inside for the rest of the night) We would look up to our bedroom window, and there was Elijah and Hooper with their noses pressed to the window. I can only imagine their conversations! CUTE! Amelia, as expected, was again, FEARLESS this year. She would hold sparklers and run around, often a bit too close for mama's comfort near the fireworks. She and her neighbor buddy (they are like little sisters) sat and watched the fesitivies together and shared sparklers. All in all it was a great end to our massive building project that Tony had just finished.


I just love summer, the weather, the food (eating dinner outside,) the social aspect, the peace. It's so nice being outside and letting the kids run around. It's been amazing sitting out on the patio when the kids go to bed and admiring Tony's hard work. Next outing...camping. We'll keep you posted...I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Rudy Djoharnaen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

CUTE CUTE swimming pictures! Was it cold? I kept thinking of you when the wind was blowing LOL! I cannot WAIT until Caleb gets his cast off and we can go to the pool and play in the sprinklers!

And crazy about your dog and the fireworks... reminds me of Marley LOL!

Becky said...

I was pleasantly suprised with how warm the water was there. And, it wasn't SUPER packed which was nice. We really had a lot of fun. The kiddie and Junior pool are perfect for my kids.

Erin said...

What a fun day!!!!! And your kiddos are sooooooo beautiful!