I've always used this blog as something to keep family and friends "in the loop" about the happenings of The Nelson Family....
Now, I'm asking something of YOU!
Will you pray for us? We have another showing or our house tomorrow, and I'm just hoping that you can pray for us...for our house to sell...if that is God's will for us.
I ran into a friend that I haven't seen in ages today...and she revolutionized my thoughts on this whole process. I walked into this not really caring if we sold or not, feeling at peace with 'trying' to sell, and not really feeling any urgency. Now though, since things haven't exactly happened in "our timing"...the process has rather stressed me out. I feel a complete sense of urgency when I realize that I literally have MONTHS to decide about the kids' schooling options next year. I guess I would rather know WHERE we are going to be, so that I can make the best decision. I am constantly "checking" myself to trust God, trust the process, trust His timing.
Please just pray for tomorrow, pray for whoever it is that is coming into our home...and pray for peace for us. Peace if we are meant to stay here, and/or peace if we are to move. Thanks for reading!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We all need prayers sometimes. I'll pray for you anytime! I know that if you trust God, whatever happens, you will make the right decisions.
I so feel your pain...
When I was preggers with Halle our house was on the market for about six months...with two sales that fell through.
When we moved to TN, our house went on the market when I was 7 months preggers with Hudson. Thankfully it sold on the 2nd showing but it was something we KNEW God wanted us to do.
When we moved to Nashville our house in Collierville was on the market for 8 months. A LONG 8 months. But we weren't sure what God wanted us to do and wanted to be "in step with the Spirit" (Gal. 5:22).
It is so stressful, especially if you feel you have a "deadline" like the decision of what to do with Elijah's schooling.
If you are torn about what to do for homeschooling (as I once was!) I found it helpful to really pray through my motivations. Am I wanting to do this to just keep my kids with me, because I am afraid of change, or am wanting to purely shelter them?
Or...am I feeling called to homeschool because I truly feel that if they are away from me for a full day I will not be able to accomplish what God has called me as their mother to do? Can I truly "train them in righteousness" in the few hours that they are home every afternoon/evening?
It's really not about curriculum (although you know enough homeschooling moms to picks their brains on that subject). Elijah is not going to be "messed up" if you put in in public school and realize that isn't working anymore than if you decide to try homeschooling and decided that isn't what you are supposed to do either.
Something Jeremy and I have found helpful in this time of MAJOR change and MAJOR decision making for our family these last couple years is to pray, pray, pray and seek to find some sort of "timeline" where we both feel we can use to discern God's Will in our circumstance.
For instance, if you pray and feel that schooling is one of the major reasons you may feel you need to sell and move, maybe you pray about using the cutoff date for registration as your "sell by" date...and if it doesn't you can feel more peace that God wants you to stay put. And if you aren't happy with your current school district, maybe that is confirmation to go the homeschooling route.
Of course things change and we have to be open to taking God's direction but Jeremy and I have OFTEN found that when we pray about these things individually and then come together and say "well I feel that God wants us to list our house 'til Oct, and then if we don't sell just stay put for a while" we almost ALWAYS have come to the SAME conclusion.
Which honestly, is just another awesome way that God has worked through all this change...by strengthening our marriage and family and continually showing us to we have to completely trust in Him. Because in reality its not our house, the state we live in, or the way we educate our children that makes us content...it is our total and complete reliance on Him that does that! :)
Praying for your fam....and from personal experience I can say that sometimes you have to be "content" or "at peace" MANY times a day! Over and over again!! :)
Sorry for the book! :) Just wanted to know I feel for you!
I'm praying, but, how did it go?
I have been praying! Anything new?
Post a Comment