Another new year. Is it me? Or as you get older, do the years seem to go by faster? It's almost overwhelming, depressing in a way to think that I'M ALMOST 50! Okay, well, maybe this year is my big 3-0...but, still, in a way, I feel 50 approaching MUCH quicker than 30 has! I'm okay with 30. 30 is a good number, a good age, not too old...right? I can still wear hip jeans, have a "trendy" hair style, die my hair red/blonde and brown, wear doc martens (or are those soooo nineties now?), I'm still cool right!? I can take my stroller with three screaming kids into Aeropostale, The Buckle, The Grom Shop...RIGHT? (Sadly, that's a resounding NO! They look at me like "Can I help you find a gift for someone!" I feel like an old hen in those shops...and I usually just walk out with a cute pair of earrings cause my size is actually three sizes too small in those stores, and sadly, they don't carry "large" shirts...there have two sizes, teensy and itty bitty! Thank God earlobes are a universal one size fits all) It's odd to be one of the "oldies" at Starbucks...the things "kids" do these days. Was I EVER like that? ;) I'm sure my mom and dad could attest that I WAS!
So...a new year always brings new RESOLUTIONS. I'm boycotting resolutions now. This is the THIRD, yes THIRD year in a row I've started to read my "One Year Chronological Bible." For some reason, lack of discipline, busyness, boredom...whatever...I have NEVER been able to finish in a year. It's only January 9th, and I'm ALREADY behind! So, before you post on how the best possible way to chronologically study and benefit from this ONE YEAR bible, please spare me. I already feel like a failure having failed this one THREE years running now. But, that's not to say that maybe this year I'll "lighten" my expectations. Perhaps I'll start, KNOWING I won't finish in a year...and not be so hard on myself. So, in my boycott of resolutions...I do "hope to achieve" a few things this year...
We hope to sell our house. This has consumed me lately with the workload it has brought. I'm not complaining, just saying....I'm pretty much pulling a forty hour work week on my house alone! We've had several families/people come and look, and we have received very positive feedback. I'm trying to "limit" my posts about it, cause it could consume this as well! And I'm sure you could care less if the people liked our countertops!
I'd like to take Advocare to the next level. Both as a business, and for my health. Tony and I have had such amazing results...I seriously say "how can this stuff be legal!" HA!!
I'd like to take a family vacation this year. A REAL one...the kind you fly too. Perhaps we'll visit my parents in Arizona. I would even settle for a road trip...although I don't think our van will make it. Maybe God will bless us with a new mini-van. Mama would LOVE a new minivan! Mabye we'll win the lottery or inherit large lumps of money from Barack Obama's "economic stimulus packages!"
I'd like to compete again in The Girlfriends Half Marathon in Vancouver. What an experience that was...and the sense of accomplishment was priceless.
This next one is a MUST! Depending on if we move, or not. I have GOT to decide about schooling for Elijah next year. I am torn. If we got into Camas or Hockinson school districts, I would 'consider' the public school system....but, if not, homeschooling is a strong possiblity. I just really need to hear the right answer and right thing to do for HIM!
So, for not having resolutions, I sure have a lot of resolutions. We'll just have to see what God presents to us this year and go from there!
On a side note...I hope He presents another massive snow storm. It was gorgeous, and I LOVED being snowed in with my family!!! Happy 2009!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are barely HALF way to 50!!! You crack me up!! I am with you! Lots of resolutions, one of them to have NO resolutions!!! I hope you end up out here!!! May I be so selfish???!!!
Ahh, Becks, where to start? I really wish you hadn't mentioned the 50 thing. At least you are married and have kids. I really thought I'd be there by 30. It is the major thing bumming me out about this year. Oh, well, I'll just keep being paitent.
I think that as a working mom of three awesome kids, you should be allowed to take three years for a one year bible. By the way, do you like yours? I've been looking for one and need some recommendations.
Finally, if you ever want to chat about school for Elijah give me a ring. Public school definitely isn't perfect but there are lots of good things. I think small districts are pretty good. Remember, a lot of what you see on my blog is me venting. For the most part my kids are great. Of course you want to protect your children but public school doesn't have to been horrible and soul sucking. Until you get to middle school. :)
Post a Comment