It's been a slow process. The week we listed, we had the MAJOR ARTIC BLIZZARD 2008!! No one was going ANYWHERE! But, it gave us a GREAT chance to do LOTS of deep cleaning, and believe me...we did DEEP cleaning. We were motivated! Our garage now has about 30 bags of garbage, Goodwill donations, and Consignment Clothes...all going out daily in shifts!
We've spent many nights finishing and touching up paint spots, and touching up our trim work.
We re-upholstered our dining room chairs...and now it looks like a brand new table!!
We are DAILY cleaning the kids' rooms...this could be an hourly thing! They like to be mini-tornados to my organizing plans!!
We DEEP cleaned all the bathrooms/bathtub/shower/sinks (they look spanking new)
We re-designed the Playroom...got rid of LOTS
We took down everything Christmas :( BOOO HOOO!
Check out the Before/After of our chairs. Sad to say, I was always really embarassed when we had guests for dinner...our chairs looked AWFUL!
After..with some brown and turquoise....
Needless to say, we have been VERY busy. But, it's been nice to get everything REALLY clean...a LOT of work....but, hopefully it will all pay off. We're talking about doing some tiling/granite in the very near future...we shall see. It's a long road ahead of us.....thanks to those who are praying for us...praying for a buyer, praying the right house comes along, praying for rates, pricing, etc, and of course, praying for my sanity!!! We sincerely appreciate all the support we've had.
7 comments:
Your chairs look really really great! You do good work girl! And, amen to deep cleaning! It does feel so good when you get that accomplished! Good thing for the arctic blast! Nothing like being stuck at home! We did a bit of cleaning too! We're still praying for ya!
LOVE your chairs!!!
And yay for cleaning! I think that everyone should move every few years because it gives you a chance to de-clutter and get rid of stuff ;)
Ditto on the chairs!!! And that fabric should make peanut butter smudges blend right in! :)
Oh I know what you are talking about concerning the kids' rooms! Just cleaned Averi's room with her today and took out three bags of shredded paper and other garbage! We told her she might have a rodent living in there for all that mess. Even showed her a picture of a possum on the computer which of course she thought was hilarious!
That is one of the great things that come from moving....getting rid of junk! :)
Great job on your chairs! They are beautiful! And I will be praying for the house situation. Way to go getting motivated and cleaning your house!
Again, great job on your chairs!
Don't get discouraged about your house. I know of people who have sold their houses as quick as two days after listing it! Someone a month after listing it.
I think everyone deep cleaned their houses during the blizzard! Moving is a great way to de-clutter!! I'll be praying for you guys!
Oh yes! The chair cushions...gorgeous!
I love your house, and Im sure it will have the perfect buyer soon!
All in God's timing, right?!? Althought that can sometimes be rather frustrating :)
Hope the new year bring many wonderful things with it to you and your family!!!
Oh my goodness! Can you do my chairs too? I don't even have cushions, but now I want some! Beautiful!
We're praying for you!!
Post a Comment