Arctic Blizzard 2008
Check out that snow driftMy boots are completely buried!


We are now in day 7 of our ARCTIC BLAST! And I LOVE IT! We are on day two of being completely snowed in....unable to go out because of unsafe conditions. Although I did venture out yesterday morning in the Suzuki 4 wheel drive to get DOG and CAT food, because we were out...and it was dicey! It's all the "show offs" and other drivers that make me so nervous!
We spent ALL day yesterday in our jammies, playing games, building our Gingerbread house, having our family "camp out" in the living room with a Christmas movie. Unfortunately, we had such strong Gorge winds, that it looked like a blizzard outside, and at 19 degrees...we weren't about to venture the sledding conditions. I'm expecting our power to go out. With all this snow, wind and ice, it's bound to bring some trees down...so, we are prepared with candles and our fireplace in case we get to camp out in the living room! The winds have been so strong, that we have snow drifts in our yard that are at LEAST 2 feet deep! Hooper is LOVING THIS!
Today, Sunday, we woke up to ice covered snow. Our roof looks like a giant ice cube...and the snow has that icy crunch...I'm supposed to work today! EEK! We will see. So, it looks like we'll be doing much of the same today. We are STILL in our jammies, the boys are playing Wii fit (got to get our excercise in)...Amelia is singing Christmas songs, I am blogging and trying to think up new things for us to do today that don't involve driving or going out anywhere that is unsafe! I supposed we could make Jesus' Birthday cake...a bit early, but at least it's something to do...and fun to eat!
Building (and eating) our Gingerbread House
Playing "Don't Break The Ice"....how fitting!
Lego Advent Time...passing the time away
Yeow-Ming seeking refuge in our tree I LOVE this weather. We are safe, we have food...and we are all together. I can remember times like this when I was a kid...and they are some of my best memories. I remember playing in the snow all day and all night, losing our power and sleeping with mom and dad in our family room by the fire. Making "chocolate ice cream" with the snow....building igloo's....how fun...here's to memories! Just hoping I don't have to work today....stay home people....make your own coffee!

4 comments:
Sounds like good times at your house!! We ended yesterday with about 8.5" of snow and then about 1/4 inch of ice fell last night. We didn't have any wind so we were off to my brothers house to do some sledding. It was a blast (I didn't get to sled since my back is a mess....again!) But, the kids had fun! I'm glad you had things to do and it looks like everyone was having a blast!!! Love lazy jammie days!!!
So fun! Days you want to keep in your memory forever and I am sure your kids will remember those kind of family days as adults! And Halle has those same jammies as Amelia is wearing! :) Cutie :)
Right on,girl...love te gingerbreadouse! Great job! Looking very yummy..I look at thse daysthe same way you do - ripe times for making good memories with the fam. ALthough, I am getting cabin fever BAD.
You're a great mommy, Becky!!!
I am glad you are enjoying these times with your family! They are all so cute!
Post a Comment