Thursday, December 11, 2008

My New Guilty Pleasure!

Guess where I am blogging from? Go ahead, guess! I am not at the gym, I am not at home...I am here...http://www.cafesipnplay.com/ enjoying a delicious Spiced Chai (although, shamelessly I must admit, it is no where near as tasty as my Starbucks Chai...what can I say, I am partial!) Elijah and Amelia are at school and Micah is content walking around and "shopping." Yes, I said WALKING. Finally, the man of the hour has decided to give his sea legs a try, and my aching arms from toting around the giant sack of potatoes that he is are RELIEVED! (You'd think I'd have Kelly Ripa arms with all the lifting and toting I do of these kids...it just is not fair!)
This has become my new guilty pleasure. I love working out, but to just have a few hours while my kids are content to do some emails, surf the web and make some phone calls has been heaven to my soul. Some much needed "mom" time...and a day off from the gym....priceless.
This is the hour and day when probably everyone in my address book will get an email from me...why? Because I CAN! :) You should see how many moms, dads and grandparents are here reading the paper, or a good book, or just catching up with friends. It is well worth the $3.85 for Micah to have unlimited play time in their AMAZING, GIANT, SAFE, AGE-APPROPRIATE, rompus rooms. I think I'll do this once a week. Last week they had the most amazing puppet show. After the show, the kids got to "meet" the puppets with a pet, hug, or high five. Micah loved them all so much that he insisted on kissing EVERY one of them. Too cute.
For anyone who wants to join me...COME! I might be on my computer, or the phone...but, if you want to hang out and chat, I would soooo love it! Next Thursday is another terrific puppet show at 10am. I'll be here at 9:00am...to save a seat!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I"m so proud of you Micah!!! YEA!!!! Way to go! And, Becky, I may just join you!!! That sounds like fun and Rachelle would love that!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Becky....I am soooooo ecstatic for you that Micah's walking now! I bet that is a hUGE relief to you...I know every baby's different and some just take longer...Mckenna didn't start til' she was 15 months... but yay!! I bet he was getting very heavy to carry! :) I need to get out more - maybe I will meet you, too on Thurs. Don't count onit, but if I see ya, I see ya. I need to make more of a point of getting out, really. SERIOUSLY! I would love to be able to chat with you about life, work outs, etc...
I've been to Sip n' Play once and really loved it. It's way cool!
Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog - I am having mixed feelings about that whole thing...but then again, I am majorly PMS'ing right now (first one since the MC :( ) and it's a BAD one. So, my hormones may just be messing with me. I'll probably be all peachy about everything next week. Oh. I. am. Such. A. Wreck. Sometimes.... :)
Love Ya.