So, as always, life is constantly changing. To make a REALLY long story short...we've put our house up for sell and it is on the RMLS. We've talked for YEARS about getting into Camas or Hockinson....it has always been a dream of ours. Well, we are finally taking the first steps to make that dream a reality. Tony has always kept a constant eye on the housing market. He loves to look at houses, check out what's out there, and just be on the look out for a good deal....I on the other hand, can NOT look at houses. It makes me sin! Truly! I start to covet these other homes thinking how much "bigger and better" seems so much "bigger and better!"....and I compare them to our house. I know that God has blessed us with a beautiful home, and I am so grateful for it. The fact that we got to add on and have the extra rooms for the kids was an all God thing. There is nothing wrong with our house and I am trying my best to remember that! But, we are growing. We are growing out of this house and the tallest little 'un is three feet tall! LOL! Since this is such a great time to buy....we are going to "play the game." We feel like "hey, let's give this a shot." It all came about when we found our absolute DREAM HOME in Camas. (Yes, I finally gave in to 'look' when the price dropped almost 40K in a week.) It's a great size for our growing family, we'd have extra room for when Aussie family comes to stay with us, there's a complete area where I could homeschool/homelink, it's Camas schools if we do feel we are to go Public School, it's in a cul de sac, with interest rates so good, we'd be paying the same OR LESS for a much bigger house...and LOTS of other things. (Oh, and I HAVE to mention, that I could have a tall Christmas tree!! Oh, the little things!) LOL! It's absolutely PERFECT, and like I said, our absolute dream home that we never thought a possiblity for us.
Well, at this point...it's not possible until we sell our house and they accept our offer. That's the obstacle we are trying to overcome. It's a short sale, so we have to move fast before it becomes a foreclosure! We believe that this will only happen by the grace of God. We hear that there may already be an offer on this dream house, so, we know that time is of the essence and we have to be quick. Too many things have to fall in place and we are trying our best to leave it in His hands. If God wants us to have the house, it will work out, His way, in His time. We have crunched our numbers and know what amount we need to get for our house in order for this to work....so, we are "having a go!"
We've been looking around....and we have found a few "interests" in Hockinson too...some with a bit of land....but, ultimately, the number one is in Camas at this point.
So, please keep us in your prayers....pass along our info if you or someone you know may be interested.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Beck, we're praying for you guys that just the right house is waiting for you!!! You know I would secretly love to have you out here in Hockinson with us!! = ) but Camas is just as good!!! I'm glad you went to look at the house and loved it!!! We're praying for ya'll
Very cool Becky! Both are great communities and have great schools. We are actually going to be moving out to my parents house in hocksinson while they are in Australia for 2+ years! How exciting! So, my vote is for Hockinson too, then we could hang out more! (oh, and my parents have a pool...the kids could have so much fun in the summer!)
Wa-Hoo!
We're praying for you!
Becky, I finally found your home on rmls (the snow was throwing me off when I was looking for it's picture LOL) and your agent did a great job on the decsription and pictures! I am praying!!!
I'll be praying for you too...that God keeps his Hand of Protection over your family and guides your decisions. As someone who's "played this game" recently and seen houses drop in prices, even though they seemed low at the time, just know if this doesn't work out prices are probably going to continue to drop over the next year or so until the market fully corrects (info courtesy of my wonderful husband's opinion!) I know someone who bought this fall -in the Camas area- for a "great" deal and has already seen prices drop another 65 thousand a few houses down. (layoffs are just probably getting started and with that will come a whole new influx of homes on the market with people who are unable to afford their current housing. Sounds pessimistic I know, but its reality, unfortuneately. I just heard a pastor say yesterday that the god of Money is dying....better time than ever for people that have worshipped this god in the past to get to know our One True God! :)
Sooo...don't want to rain on your parade but on in these uncertain times I think it's more crucial than ever to let God be our guides...which I know you want too, of course! :) Praying for your family! :)
On a lighter note...someone should organize a support group for "Mothers with small children who have houses on the market and have prospective buyers call with LESS than 24 hours notice". :)
I'd join. Or would have six months ago at least! :)
I love both those areas, too! A bigger house house would be downright dreamy for me, as well! :)I'm hoping whatever God's absolute BEST is will happen! It's kind of exciting leaving stuff like this completely in His hands...that way, no matter what, you can trust it's His doing and that IS whats best...
Keep us posted! :)
AGH! Crazy! I pray, I hope...how cool!
Post a Comment