Playing Wii Fit to pass some time...It is so much fun!
PUSH!
All rugged up and ready to find a SLED!
RUN Daddy!!
Bundled and having FUN!
Measuring our snow drift! 26 INCHES!
The most snow we've EVER had! I'm dreaming of a WHITE CHRISTMAS!Can you believe it? We are snowed in. Tony's home...we've been homebound for days now. Chains/Traction devices are pretty much required on all roads....and our adventures today showed us why. I somehow got it in my head that we needed a sled. Our kids need a proper sledding experience, and I was bound to make that happen. So we ventured the roads, loaded up the Suzuki (after Tony spent some quality time with the ground and chains) and went to places that were SOLD out of sleds. We decided to try Big 5...sure enough...the delivery truck was due any minute with a fresh batch of sleds....and as we were looking around, the truck pulled up.............BUT, we had to wait almost an hour for them to unload the sleds. There was a line forming around the store. It felt like we were waiting to meet Elivs, and my only thought was "I hope this doesn't get ugly!" Like..Black Friday ugly! Sure enough, people were pretty calm...we got our sled and dashed home to spend the afternoon outside sledding in our "ditch." It was sooo much fun. Afterwards, we came in and watched The Grinch for the umpteenth time this week and ate popcorn.
Yesterday...I worked. It was actually fun to go in...cabin fever was setting in BAD. My boss picked me up in her car that was chained up, suv, AND four wheel drive...and we were still slidding all over. The things people will do for coffee! Starbucks was slammed. I answered the drive "Thank you for risking life and limb to visit Commerce Center Starbucks, what can we get started for you!?" It was pretty fun...most people were having fun with us too. We've certainly created some coffee addicts. Road conditions have been less than ideal and I'm really grateful that none of us HAVE to be anywhere. I work Christmas afternoon (by choice!) :).....but, it doesn't look like the weather is going to settle down much here. I've heard forcasts that are predicting another possible eight inches on Wednesday. WHOO HOOO! A white Christmas. I feel sorry for all the people stranded at the airport, or train stations. Everything is locked up and in stand still mode here in the metro area. It is just so crazy and like nothing I've EVER seen.
We had to carry the kids to and from the car. Micah and Amelia kept getting stuck and falling over. It was sure cute!Tomorrow's plans...make some Christmas gifts/crafts....sled...eat...eat...eat some more. I feel like that's all we've done...EAT! Thank goodness we have the Wii Fit! :)
5 comments:
So SO fun! I can't believe you got out and bought a sled! I wish we had some hills in walking distance around us because we would have done the same thing... although we don't have chains, so maybe not ;)
You are so cute with what you said at Starbucks! I would have been laughing!
I love you pics!!! Great job going out and getting a sled! We tried to use a rubbermaid top the first day. I know LAME! But yesterday we found someone's sled in our driveway so we asked everyone that was around and no one knew so we used it to slide down our driveway! It was fun! Then we left the sled out to be reclaimed of course! :)
And I agree that is funny what you said at Starbucks!
Sounds like you guys are having a great time! I am loving this weather too and am so happy that we are actually going to have a white Christmas?!?
I love reading your blog and about all your adventures! You are a great mom and have a beautiful family...merry Christmas!
Ditto! It sounds like fun! I went to Starbucks yesterday and couldn't believe how busy they were! WE HAD to get out of the house. I literally was having chest pains because I was suffocating from being stuck at home with my crazy family!!! We don't really have any hills either, so we have been taking off to my brother and sister in law's house (they have an awesome hill) for the kids to sled on. That's been a nice relief! It looks like the kids have been having a good time!!!
I got a gift card to Starbucks for Christmas and I'm so excited! The caramel apple cider is my favorite drink in the world. Which store do you work at?
Post a Comment