Friday, October 3, 2008

Girlfriends Half Marathon

So, in just over two weeks, I will be competing in the GIRLFRIENDS HALF MARATHON. (I use the word "competing" VERY lightly!) I am sooooo excited, and a little nervous too. I am blessed to be running this with an awesome girlfriend, and our plan is to run 3 miles, walk 3 miles, run 3 miles, walk 3 miles, and perhaps CRAWL the last 1.1 mile! HA! I've heard a rumor that the finisher's gift is a blue box....something from TIFFANY'S! I know last years gift was jewelry too. So, not only is it ALL women, but it's going to be a day of pampering after. Chocolates at the finish, massage, and professional "trainers" to stretch our sore muscles. Hence the name GIRLFRIENDS! They are bringing the spa to us! ALL proceeds go towards the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation and I can't think of a better cause. I am so excited to be a part of this. Finishing this will be priceless to me. I of course, will be "juiced up" on all ADVOCARE products, so that gives me complete confidence that I CAN/WILL do this. I'm excited to bond with my girlfriend and do this accomplishment together. Here's to a successful run!!! CHEERS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have such a great time! I LOVED doing the two that I did this year. It's such a great accomplishment, too. You should be very pleased with yourself!

Unknown said...

Becky,I am so excited for you! And good job on your weight loss/inches efforts! That is so inspiring! Awesome! I can't wait to hear about how your race went. We'll have to run something together sometime!
:)
Blessings, Angela

Erica said...

You go girl!!! In a way, I wish I was running with you too, but alas, I think I'll be in Chicago during the run. I hope you'll post some pictures of the run so I can live through your experience!!!! I'm so proud of you! And, GO ADVOCARE!!!!!