I just wanted to give a brief update for those of you following our situation with Amelia. Friday afternoon, she came downstairs to show me that her "lunch was in her leg." Sure enough, there was a 4cm large mass on the side of her leg. We got in right away at her pediatrician. She was evaluated by several doctors, and no one seems to know WHAT this mass could be. It came on so quickly, and as of today...is still the same size. We went in for an ultrasound. The good news is that this large mass is not linked to bone or muscle, which means that it is unlikely to be any kind of tumor. The bad news, we are schedule for Doernbecher's on Wednesday with a Pediatric Surgeon who will most likely biopsy this lump. They have pretty much ruled out injury, bite, infection, and tumor..they are leaning along the lines of something vascular, but like I said, five doctors have sat and scratched their heads at this case. Seems as though this is so rare that none of them have seen anything like it. Amelia is not in pain, she knows it's there and cries if we touch it or put any compress on it. She acts like the same bouncy, highly energetic girl that she is.
On top of that. Yesterday afternoon I was helping three guys (including Tony) move a piano into our house that we got off of Craigs List. ($75 thanks! WOOT!) Anywho, my hand got crushed between the door and piano, and I swore it was broken. So, off the ER, this time for me. Tony stayed in the car with the kiddos so there was no exposure to the sess pool of GERMS that permeated the ER. Praise the Lord, I got fast tracked because of my injury and was in, x-rayed and out within an hour. Turns out it's not broken, just bruised VERY deep, and the doctor said it will feel that's it's broken because of how deep it is. My hands puffy, swollen, purple and I'm in a make-shift cast. (Sadly, I'm not off diaper duty although it hurts like a banshee to change the little Bug.) Life goes on for a momma...there's no rest or days off.
Please pray for us. Pray for sleep. I am quite worried about Amelia. Nervous of a traveling blood clot, and often check on her at night....it's wearing me down, I feel it. Pray for wisdom of the doctors, pray for answers. Pray for Wednesday...it's going to be quite painful.
We will keep you updated and posted. Email, posting and texting is quite painful..so, please forgive me if I don't send back a reply right away......we are going through the fire, and looking forward to the other side.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh mama! I will be praying for you! I know what it's like having "something" wrong with your child and having to wait for the outcome. I know what it's like to wait while your child is in surgery, however minor it is and freak out over the "what if-s". If you need someone to vent to, lemme know. I'm here for ya. :)
I"m praying for you all too! Love you my friend!
Praying for you - seriously!!! Why does it seem like that - when it rains it DOES pour! I know God knows whats going on with Amelia. Ever since I read about it I've been praying! I know everything is gonna be OK....breathe and take comfort in God's rest. I so relate to this panic, though. If you have read any of my fears, its definitely this kind of stuff with kiddos. But Gods been teaching me through his consistent faithfulness its OK to lean on HIM.. He knows. He really does. And He is in control. I really hope you feel better and that soon everything will be normal again. Please keep us posted..will keep praying!
~Hugs
Oh, Becks, I love you girl! Too bad God knows how strong you are - it seems He keeps throwing stuff at you. Take care. Wednesday will be here soon and hopefully you'll know more. Teach Tony how to blog for yoU!
Post a Comment