Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Secret Garden

Tony is an amazing husband! Friday afternoon we packed up our bags for a secret getaway to one of our FAVORITE places. McMennamins Edgefield! We got to have an over night retreat. I love Edgefield...I feel like it's another world away, yet close enough that if we need to come home for the kiddos, we can. I love the crazy artwork everywhere and all the nooks and crannies that you can explore. There's tons of secret passageways, that lead to little restaurants or tea houses. There's a golf course, an AMAZING soaking pool (it's like a giant heated lazy river, minus the river part!), a movie theater. It's just so much fun. So, we putzed around & explored for a long time, ate dinner, then went to see INKHEART in the movie theater. Basically we did lots of drinking, lots of eating, lots of relaxing, and lots of "swimming" in the giant hot tub. It was a much needed retreat and quality time of R&R. The funniest part was us in our "spa robes"... Tony walked into the bar for some beers to take to the pool. He got THE CRAZIEST looks, while I stood outside and laughed my hiney off at him! Nothing like the look of two people in nothing but robes out at the bar! (We did have swimmers on!) Saturday morning we visited the outlets...can't make a trip to Edgefield without going there! We did a little light shopping for AMELIA'S BIRTHDAY...which is TODAY!! (More on that later) :)

Tony had three days off this week for Spring Break! I always love some extra family time where we are all together. We took to kids to the zoo on Monday, which so far has turned out to be the only day of break without RAIN!


So, Amelia is four today. I will do a seperate post for this! She is soooo excited, and it is so cute. She just can NOT believe that she is FINALLY four! Too cute!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Glad you had fun. I don't think I've ever been there. It looks really cool (sounds like it too!). Happy Birthday (late) Amelia!!! Can't believe she's four already!