Friday, March 27, 2009

He's ALL clear

Some of you know that Elijah was tested for diabetes today. I just want to report the good news...he is all clear. He's had various symptoms to make me believe that 'something' was going on. I won't go into all of them, but briefly..he has FREQUENT urination, excessive tired-ness, and eating drinking in excess. I, very idiodically, 'googled' it....and came up with VARIOUS diseases and 'possiblities.' I even considered a urinary tract infection. The thing that freaked me out the most was/is the constant pee-ing. I guess that I typically compare him to Amelia, and after talking with his pediatrician, he is a growing boy...and a HEAVY sleeper. So, he's just not waking up at night. The napping and eating is probably just cause he's a tired, hungry, five year old boy. The bladder thing....well, she gave me some techniques to work on with him. I'm relieved he's okay. Again, I realize how blessed and fortunate we are. After this occured, I read on my friend Erica's blog about the little guy who's leukimia has come back. It just makes you realize how little control we actually have, and how all we can do is pray, and believe that God can do miracles. Thanks to those who prayed for my little man! Please pray for this other little man in Vancouver battling this horrible disease.
ALL things are possible!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great! I know you've been through a lot with Elijah. I'm glad to hear he's healthy. Those boys are just trouble. :) Your children are such a blessing and I'm glad they are nice and healthy.

Stephanie said...

Praise God, this is wonderful news!

Erica said...

I'm so glad he's all clear! God is faithful!!! He must just have a tiny bladder!!!