Saturday, June 21, 2008

Moving On Up...

So, as some of you may recall, a few weeks ago we stepped into the millenium and got cell phones. Well, apparently that was only the start of our upgrades...we just got HIGH SPEED INTERNET! No more logging on, going to make the coffee, get the kids dressed, change Micah's diaper, cook a hot breakfast and THEN come back to see if there are any "new" messages. This is amazing..such an upgrade. And, can you believe that I can be TALKING ON THE PHONE, while blogging or checking emails? This is just too cool. For those of you who have always had high speed, don't EVER take it for granted. It's like Christmas morning. It's like getting your braces off and the feel of your silky smooth pearly whites. AMAZING! I am in awe and completely hooked on technology! And the speed...unbelievable. We have had dial up for nearly 8 years now, so this just rocks my socks.
Tony's even splurged and added more channels to our TV (coming Wednesday.) Now, I'm not sure where I'm at on this yet...since I go back and forth about actually ridding the TV all together. BUT, since "So You Think You Can Dance" is on...and some rumored TLC grammy shows...who am I to complain? I'm sure I'll "manage!"
Hooray for technology. Hoping this blog posts in less than a minute...another major miracle!

4 comments:

Tami said...

I SO hear you Becky. We just got high speed 6 months ago. It has revolutionize out "surfing"...or maybe just preoccupies our time WAY more because we are on it WAY more!! We still don't have a cell phone, probably never will. Then people can find me!!

Happy surfing!!

Stephanie said...

You all are so funny!

I am so happy that you got it though!
Did it start working?
Does John need to come look at it?

Becky said...

Um...we might need John. I think our computer is so old that certain things just don't work! :( It's getting soooo slow. We've been "looking" at computers and laptops...but, it's not in the budget right now. Besides...how would I keep all my photos and iTunes? I know it's possible...but, we are technically illiterate! If you see any cheap computers, let us know!!

Anonymous said...

I love "So You Think You Can Dance!" Everyone makes fun of me since I don't usually watch reality tv but it is the best!

PS See, I am reading the blog!