Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Yes, running CAN be enjoyable!
So, most people know that I've become a "runner." It's still a term I'm not sure actually describes me...but, I run 3-5 times a week, a little over 3 miles each time, and I mix it up with different excercise on alternating days. I started with an online program called "Couch to 5k." Can I just tell you...it is so Do-able! It's amazing. An 8 week program that progressively takes you and your body on a stronger, enduring path to become a runner. (check out www.coolrunnings.com) I have NEVER been a runner. In fact, I used to DESPISE running. Now, however, it has become an addiction. The feeling after I run is amazing. It's a high. I've ran two "official" races, a 5k and 8k. I'm trying to progressively train for a HALF MARATHON in October. So, in the meantime I hope to do a 10 or 12k and a 15k...then the BIG race. For me, this is a personal lifetime goal. Completing a half marathon would be such a huge accomplishment for me. I'm even toying with the idea of a triathalon. I just have to get better at the swimming part, and overcome my fear of having to be in "swim gear!" (I think if I wore my running hoodie and sweats in the water I would surely drown!) There is a TON of events and runs in the NW, this is such an amazing place to be. So, if you want to get some fun excercise and you've had those dreams of being a runner, check out the website and get a partner. It's so helpful to have someone in this with you, for accountability and the JOY of it! Run on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to do this, John wants to do it also! We talked about going up to the Camas High School track and letting the kids ride bikes while we run :)
Post a Comment