
So, I've spent the last two days in bed...with food poisoning. Should I mention the culprit? Okay, twist my arm...El Pollo Locco. And, I must admit, at the time it was delicious. But throwing up is never worth a tasty meal right? Now the food aversion has hit, and I will NEVER go there again.So, Amelia...my little nurse...would come visit me in bed. She would put bracelets and jewelry on me, and chapstick to make me "look pretty." I must've been looking pretty awful cause she kept coming back to make sure I was staying in bed, and staying "pretty." She kept saying "stay in bed so you get your sticker!" (Gee, my mommy tactics come through!) She even brought me books to read...Tonka Trucks, Care Bears, and Hotwheels. Isn't she a sweet little nurturer...it's so fun to see their tender sides. Here's a picture of Dr. Amelia Grace.On a side note...I had a hard time being sick. I read a friends' post that was talking about "slowing down," taking things off our plate to spend time with God. Being sick literally forces you to do that. I thought...I have all this "down time" I need to clean the blinds, vacuum the house, get dinner ready, take Elijah to the dentist, pay the bills, finish the laundry, wash the dog, etc...you get the point. The list was piling up in my mind each hour I was down. I wasn' t "working" in fact, I called in sick to work. There are always things that we see as priority that "need" to be done...and usually they are genuine things that we moms need to do at some point. But, for the first time in a long time, I had a day off (or 2) to just BE. To read, to pray, to rest, and to recover. Now, I was actually pretty sick...so, I didn't get A LOT of reading or praying done...but, what I did felt good. Tony handled the household things...did laundry for me. The kids were fed (even Micah looks chubbier), and looked after...and the house is still standing. He can handle it all, I am so grateful to have such an amazing husband. He has always helped me around the house. Especially since I work 25 hrs outside of the home, we both help eachother out. He is great with them, they adore him. Usually, I don't even have to ask...he is sorting the laundry, changing Micah, or vacuuming. I love him! I love knowing that I have a helper and mate in my sweet husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment