Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Great Blog Boycott


I've decided that my great blog boycott is over. I admit, I enjoy blogging...but, it does take time & thought. And well, those two things have been scarce lately. Here's why:

*We moved

*We family vacationed in Disneyland

*We began homeschooling

*Amelia started preschool

*Elijah turned 6

*Yet another family vacation to the coast

*I taught myself to can...EXTREMELY fun...but yes, time consuming

*I'm working 21 hours a week at SBUX

*We spent some quality time with Amelia at Urgent Care & the ENT with two shoes stuck in
her nose (more on that later)

and the list, well, it goes on and on. Garage sales, installing and creating my LONG honey-do list for Tony and the new house...we just simply had a jam packed summer. So, since my great blog boycott, I've honestly read none either. I miss all my fellow bloggers and what's going on with everyone. It's not that I don't care about you...but, I think I was spending more time reading blogs, writing blogs, and following blogs than spending time with my kiddos and Tony. (Everything in moderation they say....but, the key is finding that moderation.)


So, onward we go. I'll certainly blog about the last three months since my last post. Please leave me a comment if you read this. It can be simple and annoyomous. I just really want to know that someone out there reads this, and appreciates the time it takes.
Oh and by the way, I STILL have that darned couch for sale.....

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Becky's back! I read your blog and love it. Blogging seems to be a good way to get information out these days. If people want to read, them can. If not, I'm not worried. I love to see what you and your family are up to!

Stephanie said...

YAY so happy to see you blogging again. You KNOW I read it! I love hearing about you and your days :)

Erica said...

You know I read your blog!! I'm so glad you're back, in fact, I think I let out a little YELP of joy when I saw a new post!!! So glad you're back! It's just another way to get caught up on each others lives!! Miss you!!!

Tami said...

I read you Becky!!! I have you on google reader. I was glad to see that you had a post! I would LOVE to see some pics of your new house and hear more about it! I saw your Disney photo's on FB. SO fun! I hear you on the time investment of the internet! I took my blog off the internet. I just wasn't writing, but felt this looming cloud of weight to do it. FB has been a fun, FAST way for me to stay connected with friends. Glad to hear you had a fun, family filled summer!

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you're back! I saw you at preschool on Monday but Tori was pulling me the opposite direction, so maybe I'll see you there tomorrow. I'm so glad Elijah is doing well in school. I could NEVER do homeschooling which is why Tyler is going to public school. So I can't give any advice other than MAKE LEARNING FUN or they won't want to do it.

Erin said...

You know I am reading!!! I am so glad you are back! I need to follow your lead!

YOu have had a BIG summer! :)