Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Adventures in Canning

Blackberry Jam, Applesauce, Bread & Butter Pickles & Peaches

It's an art sculpture!


mmmm...blackberry & peach cobbler! Scrumdidiliumptious



It tasted better than it looked! LOL


I decided to take the plunge, dive in with both feet and teach myself how to can. It has been a BLAST. There is something so relaxing about it. And, seeing the finished product feels so great! Also, knowing that I'm making "non-preserved" foods for my family makes it all the more worth it!! I'm at a point now where I want to can everything in sight! LOL!
Oh, and my NEW favorite place...CAMAS PRODUCE! I did a canning session with a few friends for Applesauce, what a blast we had having "girl time!"
Next mission...Once A Month Cooking!



Oh, had to throw this one in. Tony and his afro, admiring the yummy pickles. He LOVES my canning! And...I've enlisted him as the official "Apple Peeler" for my applesauce...now, THAT is love! Talk about a bonding experience! (Better than sitting in front of the TV!)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW you have done a ton! I love it! I can't wait to do more!

Themorrisbunch said...

WOW!!! I want to learn! Look at all that FOOD!
And yes, Camas Produce is the best place. We hit it every Sunday after church. :) Tim's dad practically lives there. ;)

Unknown said...

Yea for you!!! That is awesome!!! Another EASY one is freezer jam!!! We have LOTS of blackberries if you want some! You just have to pick them! We didn't touch them this year, just didn't have time!!! Plus, we have a ton of freezer jam from last year that we're still working on!!!

Suzanne said...

I like your counters too! You need to post some pictures of the new place. You know, when you're not busy canning, home schooling, and raising three kids. :)

Erin said...

AWESOME BECKY! You did a lot!!! Way to go!!!