Could someone please just encourage me right now? I'm in some DESPERATE need for encouragment. The last thing I need is a reprimand, or a lecuture...or an "I told you so!" We KNEW this would be a difficult time to sell a house. Really, we've lost nothing and have nothing to lose...it's in the 'we have everything to gain' that I am struggling. I am questioning what I've heard, what I've "felt" and what I BELIEVE we are supposed to do with our house. I'm struggling in the timing, the unknown....the not knowing, the lack of control. PLEASE just encourage me. I know in my head the "biblical" answers to my feelings...it's believing them in my heart that is getting more and more difficult.
Who is reading this? Who are you, that I don't even know? ENCOURAGE ME! PLEASE!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So I'm reading this and I know that so many of us have been there....waiting, waiting, sometimes patiently and much of the time impatiently.
I had this chat with a friend through email the other week and I dug it out of my inbox in hopes that it would encourage you. I don't think you REALLY want people to tell you, "you're house is going to sell and it'll work out just as you imagined" because I know that you know they have no authority by which to state that and the comfort those words might provide would be short term at best.
So here is the quote from my friend, I just cut and pasted it out of her email; WE were having the conversation about how we are both in "limbo" at the moment. Not knowing where our address will be in six months or even a year. And how God's plan for us is to have peace even through that uncertainty.
This is what she said (the "she" my friend is referring to in her quote is Beth Moore as my friend is going through her study at church):
"She said that when we wait on the "thing", the house, the baby, the promotion, the whatever, we will tire and grow weary. But when we wait on God, we will replenish our energy. In other words, "In the mean-time, is God time." Isn't that cool?"
My prayer is that you, and really ALL of us who are followers of Christ, will be on "God Time".
Hi my Friend!
How bout a diddy...you know a song..."hears a little song I wrote, gonna sing it now note for note, don't worry...beeeee happy! oooo ooo o oooo oooo oooo ooooo oooo oooo don't worry oooo ooo oooo oooo be happy oooo oooo oooo" I actually was singing that out loud just then! Seriously no I told you so's, none of that business goin' on here! Just I love you, and whats so much bigger than that GOD LOVES YOU! He loves your kids and your man so so SO much, He wants the super duper de duper best for you. And whats funny is He knows what that BEST is I wish sometimes we knew but this side of heaven but He's the one who gets to know. So right now His BEST for you is to go through this and GROW through this. Whatever that might mean...And I want you to know I am here...for real really here. (It's kinda easy since we're almost the same person, he he.) But I want you to tap into that resource if you want to...I am here just waiting to hang out or work out with YOU! You are special I knew that from the first day I met you!
Peace in the middle east or at least at Nelson's sweet household! Good Night, you are loved!
Kelly
Hey sweet girl, I just want to encourage you today. I can so relate to your post as I have things right now that I too am having a very difficult time in just giving over to God and letting him have the final outcome. Its the hardest thing EVER. And I know especially for us moms who sometimes feel the pathological NEED to know NOW! Its the whole nesting thing - we want to know how to best suit the needs of of our families.So living arrangements, school plans, all that is just so vital.And its so hard feeling like you're in limbo!!! This is a difficult situation for you and Im so sorry you're having to grow, ouch, and stretch, ouch, through it! But I KNOW you will emerge stronger for it! Sometimes it helps just knowing that Gods plan is unfolding even now, in the UNKNOWING which I think is so hard for us as human flesh to wrap our minds around. I am praying for you my friend! God has a testimony through this! Im excited to hear about it when the time comes! :)
Be encouraged today that you are not alone. This Christian walk can be tedious but it helps to know that many of us are in the same boat with similiar things. :)
Love ya!
And I agree with your friend, Ive already caught myself singing that song "Dont worry, be happy!" It's contagious! :)
Have a restful day with the full assurance God totally has your back and expect the BEST!
Wow, I think they covered it!!! Even though this time is TOUGH, leaning on the one thing that is constant, never changing, the rock in your lives is the place you need to rest.
I have this picture that God gave me a while ago. It's a room that is supposed to be my heart. This room is stark, just white walls and white floor, but there is a vast amount of buckets all over the floor. Then I notice, some of the buckets are tipped over. Empty. Others are upright, some are full but others not quite. Then, the last thing that I see is that there is a word on each bucket. I start reading; contentment, provision, peace, patience, protection, happiness, togetherness, fulfillment, etc. Each bucket was a part of my life. As I sat and thought about those buckets, I thought especially hard about the ones that were tipped over. Did they tip by themselves, or, in my disobedience or lack of trust, did I knock them over? Did I allow someone else to kick them over and hurt me? The ones that are full I know are full because I've allowed God to fill them and I trust that he'll keep them filled. But, those other ones. The ones on their sides. How do I take care of them? Do I wait for someone to pick them up? Do I go and pick them up and allow God to fill them? Or, do I sit back and stew over them and never gain healing? So that trust bucket......is it full or tipped over?
Ok, I hope that pertains. I just felt like I needed to share that picture with you. Allow God to work in your heart, turn those buckets over and let God fill you with his healing water. Nothing is better!!!
Erica, that was beautiful, what an amazing picture. Thank you for sharing with Becky, it blessed me as well.
Hey Becky. Here is a verse that I hope will encourage you.
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12
"Hope deferred" is like a parent telling their child, "we'll go out for ice cream on Wednesday" and then when Wednesday comes along, we push it off until next week. And when that Wednesday comes we push it off again. You do that enough times, and pretty soon the child will no longer have hope of being able to go out for ice cream. BUT, God is our hope, and he will not "deferre" us!! It may not come right away and in our time or even the way that we expect. Remember the second half of the verse:
but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life!
Hold out hope Becky! HE won't forget your!
Becky,
We all need encouragement sometimes. I am glad you had the courage to ask for it!
We all have different trials in our lives and I believe that God has customized our challenges to fit our strengths and weaknesses. Our adversities will help strengthen us to make our weak parts strong. I know that my own personal trials are not much fun, but I certainly wouldn't want to trade them with anyone else! I know that whatever trials you come upon in your life, you can overcome them with God's help! You know that too. He loves you. He knows your heart and He knows your struggles. I'm sorry that this time is hard for you and that you are feeling down, but just try to feel God's love for you and keep your chin up. :-)
We SOLD our house... so it is possible. We had to lower our price a few times... but there were lessons from God in doing it. Hang in there. Keep praying and rest in God's timing. If you are at peace about selling the house just know that God has given you that peace and that you are doing the right thing. I learned DON'T have expectations. It took longer than we thought to sell our house... but that is just because I thought it would sell fast. Hang in there. God has it under control! Also.. pray for your potential buyer.
We go to a church in Kalama. We helped with the start up. It is called RiverView Kalama.
Post a Comment