Wednesday, February 3, 2010

OMSI or bust

The Nelson Academy took our first 'official' field trip to OMSI! What a blast. OMSI had a free open house to all "teacher's" (ie: homeschooling teachers) and EVERYTHING was free! We got to see a VERY bright laser light show. We saw "Roving Mars" in the OMNIMAX theater. The kids got to fly in a space capsule. We learned a TON about space and what astronauts wear, where they sleep, what they eat, etc. We got to see what stage baby Nelson is at in mommy's tummy....how cool that was!

Then...we ventured into the live critter section. God helped me! Oh, boy!
Amelia wanted to HOLD the TARANTULA!? I had to question if that was actually my child requesting to hold a spider AND a snake! Thank goodness Miss Wendy wasn't willing to get the spider out. So, instead, they got to pet the bearded dragon all the way from Australia, AND a rat! The kids were...fearless. I on the other hand....well, I was VERY brave to even set foot in the room. That's normally "Tony's Department!" LOL

I wish I had known all winter how cool of a place OMSI is, AND how age appropiate it is for our kids!! I would LOVE to get a membership there. We'll see....maybe in the future!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Very cool! I always loved OMSI. Are you finding out the sex of baby Nelson #4?