Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hives belong to bees..

Hi Cyber Friends,

I apologize for being distant. It appears I have come down with something fierce....what started as body aches and a head cold has turned into a full blown case of hives...over my entire body. I hurt so bad, I can't even describe it. The doctors, yes doctors (meaning, more than one) confirmed it is a virus, and have put me on a steroid medication. All I know is, I hurt...BAD! Iwas going to post a picture, but, I almost threw up when I saw them..so, I'll spare you.

I'm not entirely convinced that it's not because of stress. I've never actually been so stressed out, that I've broken into hives....but, I feel like God has challenged me BIG TIME lately...and I know my tolerance level, and I can honestly say I am at the cracking point.

We have gone back and forth with counter offers on our house. And, finally agreed on price. The buyers inspection was today, so, pending that (they were here for a VERY VERY VERY long time) we will be out by July 10th. I'm not going to believe this is done, until it's done. So, for now, this is still home.

However, we had put an offer on our "dream" forever home...they accepted, then at the last minute, pulled out...when we had already signed our life away with this house. Wanna talk stress level? WOW! We quickly went into panic mode. Again, if it was JUST Tony and I...no big deal...hard to juggle with the kids, not knowing where they will be, where we will live, or what district we will be in. Not to mention, the clock is TICKING. We simply don't have a lot of time.

Last night we wrote up an offer on Plan B House. It works, it's not our forever house, but, it works. We are still hoping and praying for a miracle, and that ultimately, that God would give us peace and guidance on where to be, where to go...what to do. Please pray with us. Again, I'm reminded that we started this process because we felt God told us we could.


During my "illness," we had an important meeting with the principal at Home Choice Academy. Loved her, loved everything they stood for and shared with us. Elijah is excited too. YAY! We'll see how he is when the time is here and homeschooling becomes a way of life for us. We certainly have a lot going on in these next few weeks.


That's my update...for now...more to come...perhaps when I'm not so itchy! We truely covet all prayers during this crazy and stressful time!

3 comments:

Themorrisbunch said...

Yikes girl! I have had full body hives and they are no fun. I will pray for your speedy recovery! Do you need dinners?? I would be more than happy to help out.
We will also be praying about your house :)
Take care!!!

Erin said...

Okay so there's the update. I will be praying Becky ...continually. Hopefully we talk more soon. I hope you starting feeling better very soon. That sounds miserable. And the house thing is irritating! I am going to trust right along for wisdom and happiness in whichever home you land in. I know God wants the best for you and your fam! :)

And I am so happy that you have made your homeschool choice and everyone is so happy. I still have to figure that out. We had a MAJOR problem with my sweet little son at school today which only encourages me more toward homeschooling. I've got a lot of research to do.

Love ya! Please do not be afraid to let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Suzanne said...

Hi Becks,
Good to hear from you but sorry things aren't going so well. I hope the hives have cleared up a bit. I'm sorry about the dream house. I was really hoping you guys would get it. It will be strange to see you in a new place! I will be around some this summer so we definitly need to hang out. I can't wait to see the kids! Miss you!